6 – 6 oz. portions of boneless Alberta lamb shoulder
½ diced onion
2 diced shallots
1 teaspoon diced garlic
1 cup red wine
1 cup chicken stock
6 pieces diced side bacon
Salt and black pepper
1 cup fresh white bread crumbs
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sauté bacon until browned. Add onion, shallots and garlic – cook until transparent. Add bread crumbs and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Place lamb shoulder between plastic wrap and flatten with meat mallet.
- Divide filling among 6 lamb portions and secure roll with a toothpick.
- Brown each roulade in frying pan. Deglaze frying pan with red wine and add chicken stock.
- Cover and braise (cook gently) for 90 minutes or until tender.