12 large mushrooms (must fit in muffin tin)
12 oz ground Alberta lamb
2 green onions sliced very thinly
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon fresh parsley finely chopped
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup fine breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons butter
- Combine lamb, onion, cumin, paprika, parsley, peppers, and salt. Set in refrigerator for one hour.
- Carefully remove stems from mushrooms and chop stems finely. Sauté chopped stems in butter, remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs.
- Remove lamb from fridge, combine with stem and breadcrumbs. Add egg, blend well.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture. Top with Parmesan.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners and place a stuffed mushroom in each hole.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
Recipe curtesy of Bernadette Blood, Sherwood Park, Alberta