8 Alberta lamb chops 1 inch thick
2 tbsp. shortening
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup fresh or canned whole mushrooms
2 tbsp. chopped green pepper
8 small onions
8 small potatoes, peeled
4 tomatoes, peeled and halved
- In a frying pan, heat shortening until foamy.
- Add lamb chops and cook until browned on both sides. Remove chops from pan and set aside.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and continue cooking until onion is transparent.
- Allow 2 chops per person. Place each portion on a 15 inch square of heavy aluminum foil, top with mushroom mixture.
- Divide the vegetables between the portions, season and seal tightly.
- Bake in a shallow pan for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Recipe courtesy of Karen Collin, Lethbridge, Alberta