1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
Mint-Parsley Yogurt Sauce, recipe follows
Special Equipment: 1 package wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Mint-Parsley Yogurt Sauce
1 cup plain yogurt (2 percent or whole is best)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Combine all spices and seasonings in a small bowl. Place lamb cubes in a shallow baking dish or large bowl. Rub spice mixture into lamb with hands.
- Thread lamb cubes onto skewers, about 3 per skewer.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Grill kabobs for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve with Mint-Parsley Yogurt Sauce for dipping.
- For Mint-Parsley Yogurt Sauce, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chopped fresh herbs and gently stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: about 1 1/4 cups