1 boneless leg or shoulder of Alberta lamb (3-4lbs.)
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup vinegar
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. ground mustard
1 large green pepper
sliced 1 large red pepper
sliced 1 large onion
sliced 16 flour tortillas 7", warmed
chopped tomatoes & cucumber optional
- Cut the lamb into bite sized strips. Combine the next 8 ingredients in glass container and add the lamb.
- Seal and refrigerate for 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place the lamb and marinade in Dutch oven or large pan, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add peppers and onion, cook about 4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, place meat and vegetables on tortillas, top with optional tomatoes and cucumber.
- Fold in sides of tortilla and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Gladys Janssen, Barrhead, Alberta