200-300 g cooked lamb (small pieces or ground)
1 chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 large tomato, skinned & chopped
oregano & basil to taste, approx. 1 teaspoon (the freeze dried herbs are nice)
feta cheese, optional
- Caramelize the onion in olive oil.
- To skin the tomato slice a cross on the bottom, place in a bowl & pour boiling water to cover for about 30 seconds. Rinse in cold water to cool, peel off skin, and chop.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Simmer or bake, covered, until the tomato is cooked.
- Can sprinkle with feta cheese just before serving.
This recipe comes from long time lamb customers Trish & Bob McFadyen, Edmonton. It is their variation of a recipe from the Time-Life Good Cook series, Lamb.