1 lb ground Alberta Lamb
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
4 tsp. Spice mix
½ tsp. Cumin
2 Tbsp finely diced dried apricot
¼ tsp. Crushed cloves
2 Tbsp chopped, fresh mint
½ tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Black pepper
1 Tbsp Grainy mustard
¼ tsp. Cayenne
10 – 12 Cinnamon sticks
½ tsp. Crushed chilis (dried)
Tzatziki Sauce (Herbed Yogurt & Cucumber)
2 cups Plain yogurt
1 English cucumber, shredded or diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1 tsp. finely chopped fresh mint
- In a mixing bowl, season lamb with garlic and dry herbs and mix well. Mix in apricots, mint, egg and mustard.
- Form a 3 Tbsp size portion of mixture into a meatball.
- Insert a cinnamon stick and squeeze the meatball to adhere to the stick. Continue with remaining meat mixture & cinnamon sticks.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with tzatziki or mango chutney.
Yield: 10 to 12 X 2” meatballs or 20 to 24 X 1” meatballs.
Mix all ingredients for Tzatiki Sauce and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Gail Hall, Edmonton